Weight: 310 lbs.
School: North Carolina
- Fourth year junior that declared for this year's draft one year early
- Honorable mention All-ACC (2013)
- Regularly graded out above 85% (2013)
- 26 career starts
**Bodine put up a Combine high (offense) with 42 reps of 225 on the bench press
- 40 yard dash - 5.18 seconds
- Bench Press - 42 reps
- Vertical Jump - 29"
- Broad Jump - 9'1"
- 3 Cone Drill - 8.26 seconds
- 20 yard shuttle - 4.66 seconds
- Arm length - 32 1/2"
- Hand size - 10"
- Works well with guards on combo blocks
- Shows understanding of timing in order to get to 2nd level after securing initial block
- Good techniques with his cut blocks
- Good awareness
- Has experience at guard and center
- Hands are way too sloppy when engaging defender off the snap
- Struggles to redirect when defenders get to his shoulder
- Grabby with wide hands and arms
- Struggles to anchor against bull rushers
- Somewhat stiff - appears to be average athlete
- Lacks functional strength
TSV videos provided by Draft Breakdown
:23 Loses contact with defender after one hand punch
1:24 Right hand up near helmet after snap - poor hand placement
1:46 Works well with guards to get men blocked
at Left Guard
2:39 Good cut block on the backside
3:53 Bull rushed badly - can't brace up
5:48 Good technique getting to and executing cut block
6:29 Has trouble anchoring once again
Bodine has been a full time starter the last two years at North Carolina playing primarily at center but has experience at the guard position as well. Boding was named Honorable Mention All-ACC and decided to forgo his final season and enter the NFL draft.
Bodine shows a lack of functional strength and ability to battle against bull rushers is a major concern for me on the next level. Bodine's hand placement is all over the place and often drifts way too high causing him to lose leverage. Bodine gets guys blocked with tenacity and by walling them off with proper footwork.
Despite his ability to pull, Bodine isn't overly athletic and he doesn't get much push from a power standpoint. I see Bodine as average in the run game and below average as a pass protector on the next level. Without good technique and better core strength Bodine will always have issues battling power in front of him as he really struggles to re-direct once defenders get into him.