Height: 6'0 1/6"
Weight: 193 lbs.
- 36 career starts at Texas
- Second-team All-Big 12 (2013)
- 3x All-Big 12 (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Voted team's Most Valuable Offensive player (2012, 2013)
- 2013 stats: 49 receptions, 715 yards and 8 TDs
Senior Bowl Notes
- Davis accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in Mobile.
- The former Longhorn didn't distinguish himself on Monday. He didn't catch the ball cleanly, even though the QBs didn't put the ball on him 100% of the time.
- But, by Wednesday, it was a different story. Davis caught the ball much cleaner and was more crisp in and out of his routes today
- Davis caught three passes for 20 yards during Saturday's game.
During his four years on the Forty Acres, many expected Davis to evolve into one of the best wide receivers in the nation. When he didn't quite reach that lofty standard, questions arose as to whether Davis possesses those qualties or whether the former Dallas Skyline product was hamstrung by a weak quarterback situation.
Either way, Davis won't have the QB argument to fall back on once he gets to Mobile. There's little question that Davis has dynamic ability down the field and once he gets his hands on the ball. But, he can only run go routes or quick screens so often. His entire route running acumen needs to improve greatly, as does his ability to catch the ball in traffic while being harrassed by bigger, and/or more physical, defensive backs. Many believe that the potential is there to be a poor man's, poor man DeSean Jackson and no place like the Senior Bowl in Mobile to prove just that.