Height: 6'3 1/3"
Weight: 258 lbs.
- Third-team All-American (2013)
- AAC Defensive Player of the Year (2013)
- First-team All-AAC (2013)
- Second in the nation with 15 sacks (2013)
- Was a quarterback in high school
- 2013 stats: 42 tackles, 15 sacks and 19 TFL
Senior Bowl Notes
- Smith accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl
- On Tuesday, the former Cardinal had a strong day, showing his ability to transition to a 3-4 OLB and playing standing up. He’s proven from a movement standpoint that he can fit at that position. He didn’t shine from a pass rush standpoint from a stand up position but that might take a little bit of time. He was comfortable dropping in coverage and and knocked down a pass after dropping on one quick throw during practice. He’s not as violent with his hands, especially on his pass rush, but the athleticism and scheme versatility should raise his profile in the eyes of the NFL scouts.