Height: 6'0 1/3"
Weight: 224 lbs.
- Second-team All-B1G (2013)
- 3x All-B1G selection (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Illinois' Outstanding Defensive Player (2013)
- Second in the B1G with just under ten tackles per game
- Butkus Award Semi-finalist (2012)
Senior Bowl Notes
- Brown accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Senior Bowl in Mobile
- The former Illinois star played much like he did at Illinois. When in space or unblocked and allowed to run to the football, he did well. Ask him to fill the gap on an isolation/lead play or ask him to take on blocks to get to the ball carriers, forget it. He didn't display good instincts reading plays and ran around blocks throughout the week. He got handled by RB and TE in pass rush drills and seldomly "won" those 1-on-1 drills.
- Brown finished with four tackles and one TFL during Saturday's game.
Illinois football didn't leave many good impressions over the past two and a half seasons, but Brown did. The senior from Memphis led Illinois in tackles in 2012 and 2013 and was the lone true bright spot for the Illini.
He loves to run and chase and is more than likely suited to be a will linebackers in a 4-3 defense. He's not great playing with his hands and getting off of blocks, so playing more in space at the WLB spot will suit him well. But, the Senior Bowl will give the opportunity to show his versatility.