With injuries to Danny Amendola, Cedric Benson and Ryan Williams, there might be opportunities on the waiver wire for struggling owners to find some help. While there are no sure-fire point blasters running around out there, I happened to find a decent selection of depth on the my waiver wires this week.
1. Jahvid Best, Lions - Best has to pass his concussion tests this week, but if he does that, he'll be eligible to come back in play during week 7. Jim Schwartz praised Best for being in tremendous shape and he has a chance to have an immediate impact in PPR leagues as a pass catching RB.
2. Chris Givens, Rams - Givens is expected to start for the Rams in place of Danny Amendola who is out for the year. Givens has the ability to get open down the field or work the short routes so he could end up as a "comfort target" just as Amendola was for Sam Bradford.
3. Alex Green, Packers - If I knew for sure that Green would be the guy, I would feel better about it, but there is always the chance that James Starks is going to be sharing carries with Green. Green is the more explosive back, but the Packers might not feel great about having the young runner in pass protection situations considering how shaky their offensive line can be.
4. Kendall Hunter, 49ers - As the 49ers continue to pound the ball, it is clear that there are going to be opportunities for Hunter to get carries and yards. The 49ers will probably start to considering limiting Gore's carries somewhat which will benefit Hunter. He's worth an add for teams in dire need of RB help.
5. Darrius Heyward Bey, Raiders - He might be available in your league or he might not. If he is, then grab him.
6. Brandon Weeden, Browns - With Cutler, Brees and Newton all off this week, you might be searching for some QB help and Weeden might be worth a flyer this week. Weeden has attempted 35 or more passes in each game and if his TD pass to Josh Gordon is any indication, he might be getting comfortable with the talented, big-play prospect.
7. Patriots Defense - With the Bears defense on a BYE week, you might be looking for some defensive help. Take a look at the Patriots. The Patriots front 7 is playing much better this year and they have a favorable matchup against Seattle's one-dimensional attack and a rookie QB.
8. Chris Ivory, Saints - The Cardinals know they have massive RB issues with Ryan Williams done for the year and Beanie Wells out for a couple of months so you might want to take a shot that the Cardinals will trade for the Saints #4 RB. If Ivory gets dealt to the Cardinals, he has a chance to get plenty of work including goal line carries. The Cardinals are bad running team so... you know... keep that in mind.